Re: DNS: NET.AU

From: Ron Ipsen <ron§comu.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:04:03 +1000
At 09:28 28/01/98 +1100, you wrote:
>At 22:37 27/01/1998 +1000, Ron Ipsen wrote:
>
>> I have recently had a couple of applications knocked back by net.au for not
>>having an RBN or ACN. Its a bit hard when the applicants are Govt or
>>community bodies.
>
>Huh? The .gov.au, .org.au and .asn.au domains *exist* for these sorts of
>organizations. Why not use them?

 The ultimate purpose that the domain was to be used for and the manner in
which it was to be used was more conducive to net.au.

 If it was just for a web site and email i wouldnt have gone past the
"tailor made" domains, indeed i have used them before, but these were a
special purpose set.

 Ron.

Ron Ipsen,
Managing Director,