Re: DNS: Most ADNA Members hold interests in Profit Based Companies.

From: James Austin <jea§rainer-group.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:04:23 +1000
Stephen,

Should your company SE Networks P/L decide (that is you as director of) to
apply to become a registrar for DNS in .au, would you resign from the board
of ADNA immediately?

In fact do you think then there would be a clear conflict and as such any
director not just yourself should in fact resign from the board.

That is any current director with a clear interest in DNS Registrar services
whether it be for profit or not has a conflict of interest in this matter,
sure they should be included in consultation but should not hold an
administrative position within ADNA nor any other organisation charged with
policy making for DNS under .au.

I totally agree that the whole DNS thing needs a lot of time and effort to
get it right, the conflict of interest thing has everyone baffled.

I would like to join the board of ADNA, however I plan to have my company
put forward an application for DNS registrar under .au so I cannot and
furthermore would not consider a position, however I still wish to have the
meetings open to public as I wish to attend and have some input to the
process.

Regards,
James Austin

Rainer Group Pty. Ltd.                       Voice:     +61 (0)2 9894 1985
PO Box 863                                         Fax:     +61 (0)2 9894
1986
BAULKHAM HILLS NSW 2153           E-Mail:     jea&#167;rainer-group.com
AUSTRALIA                                     WWW:
http://www.rainer-group.com