DNS: What's In it for me? What's in it for you?

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 21:37:43 +1000
>> A fair run Public interested and balanced Organisation.
>
>good. now so what has this got to do with you? what are you getting from
this?

That's more than a sentence. I would be taken greatly out of context. But
I'll try.

"The possibility of oversight or comment to ensure that the DNS system in
Australia is run fairly and equitably for all people not limited to
industry players but also the consumer, and that the process for
Delegation, Administration and Application is improved to be better and
more functional than even the best at present - NSI.  To show the world
that Australia isn't a back water place of unimportance in the Internet and
Communications world as we are currently seen. To show the Government and
world communities that the Australian Community in conjunction with the
Australian Internet Industryat large is capable of developing and deploying
resources necessary, administering the resources, and applying a policy
that is fair to everyone without exceptions or exclusions."

There you go.

As to me personal, I might or might not eventually have a part to play, I
might not be selected to have a art, I might.  WHat I get out of it if far
more than most people are capable of realising, because most people measure
sucess in monetary value.

As I've said previously, I would have expected most people to ralise the
"Money Button" doesn't work with me.  However the Ethics Button does.

As I've already offered the Shared Registry solution more then three times
now (You know the deal, my software I sell you sell no charges to you, may
the best man win OR you licence software, I don't sell but get paid to make
sure everyone runs fair.) I have nothing to gain and nothing to loose. one
way or another I win.  I always have AURSC to fall back to and run myself
happy.

It woudl be nice to see AU managed in a similar fashion, or even better.

Now Vic, can you answer the same question.  "What's in it for you?"

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"