Re: DNS: ISOC

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:03:43 +1100 (EST)
] > I don't belive ISOC represents the USERS at all, I for one
] > and mot a member, nor anyone person or user I know.
] >
] > So how can ISOC afirm it represents the user?

]  I must admit it's difficult to represent all users (well, the ones
]  you know anyway) unless they join the association.

Advocating and representing are not necessarily the same thing.

I humbly submit that it is possible for a non-profit organisation
to advocate the interests of a certain group even if the majority
of that group are not members of the organisation, as long as the
organisation understands and has an affinity for the group.

It also helps if the Objects of the organisation recognise the
needs of that group.

And in case anyone here hasn't gotten around to reading the
minutes of the January ADNA Board Meeting, ISOC-AU is not a
member of ADNA (or at least it was not at on January 28).
 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management