Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 23:24:41 +1000
>thats fine. but adna will also be decide *who* is operating on what
>is proposed to be a very limited number of "licenses".  and so
>far kre is lord high grand governor general and is dictating exactly
>how they will operate in terms of what names they approve.
>unprecedented. unaceptable. unfair.
>
>where institutions issue licenses they should not refuse an application
>that is within the guidelines. nor are guidlines in any of these institutions
>set by a historical individual, that kind of all died off with
>the french revolution.

It would also be nice to see these guidelines with ample time to esatblish
any criteria that needs to be met.

Clearly those "drafting" the guidelines will have a very large head start
as the "public" won't be seeing the drafts until they are finalised - or
almost finalised.

A completely open process allows those who are not members to view and meet
the criteria on the same time frmae those who are can.  Although I still
strongly state that NO ADNA Director who has an interest (blah blah) should
be permitted to apply in the process for a period of two years from the
commencement of applications.

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"