Re: (Fwd) Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: <paul.brooks§globalone.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:52:34 +0000
> >Garbage Vic. The success of the Internet itself is due mainly to
> >individuals and small groups getting off their butts and innovating
> >first, then showing the world. Design-by-committee is precisely why
> >ISO/OSI failed, and TCP/IP triumphed.
>
> You now that's probably a very good example.  Consider it stolen for my
> talks later this year.  I'll remember to credit you for it :)

If you had asked, I might have given permission. As it is, I
explicitly do not. Please don't use it, credit or not.

> I remember developing from tool kits in 1980's (mid), and people of high
> regard in Australian Technology were laughing at me because I was wasting
> my time developing with IP. "Netbios was the way to go. It works, it's
> there now.  Why reinvent what works?"

[...]
> Where are those people today?  Some are ISP's, I bump into them every
> nown-then.  Some have vanished completely, some are watching the world go
> by because they are really not up to all these new fangled things, that
> were really there before their time anyway.

Right - so in ten years we've all gotten walking sticks and feeble
minded. One day Adam you'll post a message without taking a shot at
the rest of the world other than yourself. I sincerely hope
to live to see the day.
----
Paul Brooks               | paul.brooks&#167;globalone.net
Manager, Data Networks    | pbrooks&#167;gip.net
Global One Communications | Ph +61 2 9290 9000
Sydney, Australia         |