Re: DNS: What are the commercial SLDs?

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 16:45:22 +1000
>I would like to know the official ADNA position on Peter Gerrand's
>statement below, that the existing commercial second-level domains are
>com.au, net.au, org.au, asn.au, conf.au and info.au.
>
>The draft Registrar Licence Conditions on www.adna.asn.au do not define
>a commercial SLD.  They say that Registrar application fees ($5,000)
>apply to those without a current ADNA Registrar licence (ie everyone),
>and to commercial SLDs.  The commercial SLDs must also pay License Fees
>of $1 per domain name.
>
>What is the official ADNA definition of the commercial SLDs?

As with most of these things, this is not something that ADNA defines in
any way but as a starting point for discussion, but that is determined by
consensus of those involved. Peter, as representative of one of the
stakeholders most clearly involved, Melbourne IT, has put forward his
definition.  This is the forum in which to discuss whether it should be
generally accepted, or whether the consensus definition is different to
this.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

Luke Carruthers
Acting Chair