Re: DNS: Mailing-list white noise

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 18:25:36 +1000 (EST)
] Please, unless it's absolutely necessary, don't reply, and use you mail
] filters if you would prefer not to see the list abused in this way.

Personally I'm hoping not to have to use a permanent mail filter (even
on someone like Adam Todd).  My current plan is that if he can get his
mail messages to the dns list down to 1 per day and <100 lines (that's
including mail headers, signatures, quoted text, etc) for a while then
I will start reading his messages again.

But for now, I'm just refiling the noisy one's messages to my junk folder,
where I will read them after I have caught up on all of my regular email
(which at this rate, is probably a few years after I retire).

That way I won't be the slightest bit tempted to reply to his repetitious
ramblings and attacks on groups who are trying to get things done, and
avoid exacerbating the situation.
 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management