Re: DNS: ADNA first year report

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 22:42:57 +1000
>observer of the progress.  Sorry that it should be so negative, but

Why apologies?  I'm sure an ADNA board member will retrospectively
"correct" your negativeness with positive matters.

>8. No competition within any second-level domain.
>   Evolution: documents written etc, but no tangible results.

9.  Stephen Baxter Resigned admist preasure on the issu eof allowing board
members to be registrars.

10. Only 17% of the ISP community support ADNA

11. 29% don't even know what ADNA is.

12. 19% don't support ADAN.

13. Remainder Don't care.

>ADNA members (all of whom are on the board):
>Luke Carruthers IIA luke&#167;magna.com.au

You mean Director Magna Data - Commercial ISP.

>Peter Gerrand Melbourne IT ceo&#167;MelbourneIT.com.au

Nothing hidden there :)

>Mark Hughes Tradegate mark.hughes&#167;ccamatil.com
>Kevin Dinn IIA kevin&#167;zip.com.au

Kevin Dinn Director (??) Zip Internet

>Michael Malone ASN.AU mmalone&#167;iinet.net.au

You mean Director IINET

>Peter Cooper WAIA comrade&#167;obverse.com.au

I'm sure if I did a name search on the ASC registry it will show something
interesting.

Overall not bad for a first year of negligent support.

And in the mean time over 500 Domain Name Registrations in the COM.AUS and
NET.AUS name space have been completed.  Not bad for the first 4 months of
operation.

AURSC membership has increased by 400% in the last 3 months. An excellent
quarter considing the lack of advertising.

I wonder ...

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net