Re: DNS: ORG.AU

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:50:35 +1000
>rejected again. it seems some other part of centacare already has
>centacare.org.au and this group wanted centacare-brokenbay.org.au. Mr Elz has
>decreed that this group should organise it with centacare.org.au and
>has yet again rejected the application.
>
>I am I the only one here who finds this disgracefull?

Actually, I must admit I tend to lean towards Elz's decision here.

I can't see why Centacare can't use correct Sub Domain processes to create
sub domains for all their agencies - unless they are in no way related - in
which case - first come first served.

I strongly dislike people registering multiple names for different
branches.  It creates confusion to the public.

The first attempt the public will make tryiong to find this place is
centacare.org.au - actually it will probably be com.au followed by net.au
then org.au if they know what that is anyway.

What's wrong with broken-bay.centacare.org.au ?  It's heirachical.

Sorry to flatten the argument but I really agree with Elz on this.

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net