RE: DNS: ORG.AU

From: Peter Clark <pjcoz§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:00:33 +1000
From a Support perspective, the customer IS generally always right. This
means if they're pissed off and spewing abuse at you, they MAY say things
that are ridiculous and meaningless with regards to the issue at hand.
However, what kind of organisation handles the customer in such a way that
they get to this point ?!?

Seems, the Australian Domain Name Registrars do, that's who!

I would suggest to the Acting Chairman of ADNA that Peter Gerrand should not
be on the board of the organisation as he has a vested interest in keeping
other Registrar's out of the "industry?". This is an obvious conflict of
interest and the question still remains. If ADNA has made little/no headway
in 12 months perhaps this is part of the reason ?

Perception management at this point might be worth while if nothing else.
You are losing whatever credibility you had to begin with which was little
and no way of gaining more apart from relationships with people like Robert
Elz, Geoff Huston who (unfortunately - IMHO) are an integral part of the
whole proceedings - little credibility in itself.

They do themselves an injustice to actually be a part of this process.

I notice in the minutes of the Meeting in January that Peter Gerrand moved
to add a .tm.au for Australian Trade-Marks at the same time he moved that
trademarks be an added criteria for registration of .com.au domain?? - Which
is it Peter ?

Peter Clark