Re: DNS: Multiple Registrars in .asn.au, .edu.au, .gov.au

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 05:28:47 +1000
At 21:01 12/05/98 +1000, vicc&#167;cia.net.au wrote:
>>_From: Glen Turner
>>
>> It seems a shame to let the commercial-domain diseases
>> spread to other domains.
>
>I hate to say this but somebody has to, its people like you that
>make the dns a frustrating experience for the end user. and that
>should be kept well away from the dns.

Thats right - naughty Glenn. Fancy attempting to hide an exploitable
DNS niche from the all seeing laptops of Domain Name Registry P/L.
tsssk tsssk :-)

I hated saying that, but somebody had to!

  Geoff

(You see its not really about the end user at all  - its about money
 and commercial exploitation of the DNS isn't it? Or am I in the
 wrong mailing list to be brutally honest? :-))