Re: DNS: Answer to Vic Cinc's burning question

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:46:08 +1000
>Please ensure that you provide 100% of the facts about com.aus to your
>customers. It is an obligation every vendor has to the consumer.

1. I don't have contact with the users of COM.AUS.

2. I ensure by regular spot checks that the vendors and resellers aren't
overselling and are in fact telling the customer the full story and
providing pointers to the AURSC web site.

3. I speak with the ACCC every time I hear a concern or wish to clarify the
position of a reseller or vendor.

To date, every AUS licencee is happy with their service and product.  They
understand some ISPs won't support AUS and thus have changed ISPs to those
who do support AUS or in fact bypass the ISPs DNS althogether.

I receive regular request for contact details of supporting ISPs and
provide them.  I'm aware that sales within those ISPs has increased.

I provide a direct Statement that people who wish to use AURSC should not
connect to CONNACT COM AU or an ISP who connected to CCA as they wont
support it through their proxy servers.

I have clearly indicated that anyone connecting directly to Telstra
Internet/Bigpond (whatever) will gain the full enjoyment of AURSC without
any impediment.

I have indicated to both users and vendors that they must inform the
customer that AUS is an Alternate and NEW TLD that is not yet used by ISPs
all over Australia or the world.

I can't think of anything else that is necessary?

If there is anything you wish to add, please submit it and I'll have it
checked by our legal team and the ACCC.

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net