Re: DNS: Answer to Vic Cinc's burning question

From: Antony Barry <tony§tony-barry.emu.id.au>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:59:54 +1000
At 4:33 PM 1998/05/14, Adam Todd wrote:
>If people can't get COM.AU they can surely get COM.AUS - and cheaper (now.)
>
>It's up to the community.  There is no need to change something that is -
>in effect - functional.  Just introduce a new service/product. Which we have.
>
>now it's up to you to choose whether you want to change something that some
>people don't want to change or to create a new product.
>
>Imagine if we only had Model T Fords ...

I can imagine that.  OK I'll need a road map to know where I'm going.
Unfortunately  every service station I go to hasn't got a roadmap to .AUS
and indeed they don't understand where it is. They can only give me .AU

If I'm lucky enough to find one that stocks .AUS I may well find the new
outer suburbs listed are rather short on interesting things to visit. I
might also lack the petrol to get to the next service station - but I'm
stretching the analogy too far.

Lacking a great deal of technical knowledge what are the engineering
advantages/disadvantages of have a few or many sub-domains at a given level?

Tony