Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:20:53 +0100
Alastair and all,

Alastair Waddell wrote:

> Geoff, re-read the original message. I'm somewhat incredulous
> that you seem to think I'm saying the very opposite of what I put
> forward.

  First of all if you addressing me specifically, my first name is Jeff, not Geoff.
If you could read you would of course know this or maybe you just skimmed over
my response?  Whichever is the case, one should be a bit more careful.

> I mean, if you had anything reasonable to say, it surely
> wouldn't address the concerted reply I made to Adam, rather it
> would address, fucking finally, the issue I put forward.

  From your response to Adam, I don't see anything of any real substance.
Rather is see allot os Flames and SPAM, from you towards Adam.

> You've seemingly come out of nowhere, with a reply so distorted
> that I'm completely aghast at your approach.

  Really?  Interesting.  I was appalled at your response and accusations
made towards Adam that you have yet to show here at least have any
basis in fact.  I replied accordingly as to point up that FACT.  I am
sorry it supprised you and made you feel "Aghast".  You certainly have
not valid reason for doing so, unless you are supprised that some one
would challenge your response to Adam.

> Maybe I was harsh on Adam and you're playing Devil's advocate.
> Maybe you are Adam (or Adam was an act all along??).

  Actually neither is the case.  You were just plain wrong in how and
what you said on a public list towards another list member.  That is my
reason for my response.  I had hoped it would get you to think about
what and how you responded to Adam.

> Either way, it surely can't be _that_ hard for someone,
> somewhere, to address the issue I raised (the issue that was
> already wasted on aussie-isp).

  And it is either so obscure that it is of little consequence or, it is just
plain wasted here as well.  Your choice.

> If you can read, then digest and make a reasoned, comprehensible
> reply. Elsewise piss off.

  I reread it below.  I can't see anything that I missed or would change
in my response that is significant.

> "Describe in detail how..." , well fuck you Jeff read the

  I did.  And again the same question remains in my mind. Please describe
in detail how and in what manner is Adam's comments detracting for the focus
of this thread?  If you don't or cannot, than you are just grandstanding.

  So I suggest that you take your own advise here with this comment/reply/flame.

> [...]
> > >
> > > ** We should act to ensure that the New Forces of Greed don't
> > > engender or profit from a general assumption the supposes other
> > > than that 3LDs are portable_ **
> >
> >   I agree that too much greed is inherently dangerous, but to use this as an
> > excuse not to move as quickly as possible towards portability for all levels
> > of domains is just plain stupid and lacks fore thought.

> > > It's obviously past your bed time Adam because you've made an
> > > erroneous logical leap from cold pizzas to the portability of the
> > > delivery addresses of those pizzas.
> > >
> > > This is what's known as 'the Adam Factor' and it's got a lot to
> > > do with your lack of popularity in mailing lists. Amazingly, you
> > > have other negative traits in your writings also.
> > >
> > > So either you're tired and losing it totally, or your wanking.
> > > Either way it's time for bed. Goodnight.
> > >
> > > And when you wake up fresh and bright, let's take up where you
> > > said " In short, I guess I agree" because I don't have the time
> > > for this kiddie shit.

> > > If I can't stop the flow of junk through head is it my medication
> > > or is it genetic? Is it karma? Is karma the junk. Is it the
> > > devils advocating questions in my head? Or in the house? Is it
> > > the house's karma? Is the house the Dali Lama? Or a banana.
> > >
> > > All you did, other than a token, half hearted assent, was
> > > waste space.
> >
> >   As most of your reply comments have been as well.  In fact worse.  If you think
> > that Adams comments are a waste of space why comment at all?

> > > You agree in 4 words, waste a few K of bandwidth with psychotic
> > > analogies, and then tell me 'this has been discussed before in
> > > the Good Ole USA'. Please, I beg you, don't spam the list with a
> > > repost. By analogy, your reposts compare with the weapons of
> > > destruction unleashed by some third world (psychotic) demagogue.
> > > They waste a hell of a lot of space.
> > >
> > > If you must use 'junk content mentality', that is, avail yourself
> > > of bulk content for you own bizarre reasons, then please take the
> > > time to summarise it and post only the summary which will be
> > > concise and considerably more relevant and less wasteful of
> > > space.
> > >
> > > Yes, make the discussion available on your web server. Sure. By
> > > all means, ta. I know the url.
> > >
> > > Just contribe more than one half hearted sentence with meaning
> > > and I promise you, you'll be loved and considered a legend by
> > > all.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to picking up the thread of "In short, I guess I
> > > agree" with you, otherwise, well you know what time it is.
> > >
> > > Filter time.
> > >
> > > Regards,

> - snip old sig files -
>
> --
> Alastair Waddell                 o Tel +61 3 96 400-400
> Technical Administrator          o Fax +61 3 9222-1363
> CyberLabs                        o http://www.cyberlabs.com.au
> Queen Street, Melbourne
>
> + Virtual Services + DNS Maintenance + ISP Co-location + Internetworking

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.