Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:40:32 +0100
Alastair and all,

Alastair Waddell wrote:

> Ok, 30 seconds to cool down.
>
> I think maybe Huston is being faceitious.

  Could be.

> I concede that I'm wasting my time and yours (if you're still
> reading) with this thread and seemingly with this list. It's very
> disconcerting that the issue couldn't be discussed (barely one
> reply on topic in 30 or more over two lists).

  And none of yours that i have read thus far have been productive yet.
Including yet again, this one.  Neither is my reply in this case.

> Thanks for the few seconds of your short collective attention
> span and ttfn.

  I know it is hard to be civil.  Please try.  Or maybe some prozack would
would help you?

> Jeff W, if I ever meet you I think I'm going to punch you. Please
> feel free to get good mileage out of my unfashionable threats of
> violence.

  I have found that in most cases, threats of this type usually come form
cowards or blow hards.  So I usually just discount them. >;)  But if
you do, take your best shot!  But come hard or stay at home....

> On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 07:21:03PM +1000, Geoff Huston wrote:
> > And with this posting from Mr Williams, with his usual standard of
> > reasoned argument that I have come to know and admire for so many months
> > within the various domain name policy mailers, this list moves so far
> > away from its intent that its utility for the rational discussion
> > of policy within the .au domain space is now over.
> >

> > So long,
> >
> >    Geoff Huston
>
> - snipped old replys so Rick W's shorts won't tighten up on him to badly on bandwidth

savings -

> --
> Alastair Waddell                 o Tel +61 3 96 400-400
> Technical Administrator          o Fax +61 3 9222-1363
> CyberLabs                        o http://www.cyberlabs.com.au
> Queen Street, Melbourne
>
> + Virtual Services + DNS Maintenance + ISP Co-location + Internetworking

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.