Re: DNS: AlterNIC and AUSRC

From: Rick Welykochy <rick§dot.net.au>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 09:44:51 +1000
Adam Todd wrote:

> I'd hope NONE have configured their DNS to use 203.21.205.1 as their
> primary.  That would be devistating and certanly show their lack of
> understanding and knowledge about DNS indeed.

On your web page <http://www.aursc.ah.net/aursc_conn_user_win95.htm>
are, in part, the following instructions:

7.In the DNS Server Search Order add the following two IP addresses
                      203.21.205.1  (Click Add)
                      203.21.205.20 (Click Add)

> >What are they really missing out on? What vast wealth of Web,
> >FTP, email, etc. are we 99% missing out on by not seeing the
> >alternative domains?
>
> Hopefully they aren't missing out on anything once they choose to use
> AIRSC, in fact they will gain a few things that aren't available via the
> Legacy Servers.
>
> As to what will happen, well in the future, the legacy followers might jsut
> be that - a dying bread of legacy users.
>
> Guess that's why they are called LEGACY.

Very inappropriate remarks to those who have developed the legacy
system everyone uses.

You haven't answered the question. If you give people an indication
of what services, sites, etc. are availble via the alternative
DNS system, more interest might be generated.

 _/  Richard Welykochy                 mailto:rick&#167;dot.net.au
_/  Dot Communications Ltd             http://www.dot.net.au/world