Re: DNS: DNS Governance

From: Rick Welykochy <rick§dot.net.au>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 16:58:18 +1000
Adam Todd wrote:

> I would also be careful about refering to ALTERNATE DNS.  That is in fact a
> registred trade mark of a company and as such you would cause misleading
> representation of that as well.

This should not be a problem. The context makes it clear.
e.g. NT refers to the Northern Territory in certain contexts,
but it is also a Reg.Tm of Microsoft Corp.

Another suggestion was: phantom DNS refers to the alternative DNS
namespace.

 _/  Richard Welykochy                 mailto:rick&#167;dot.net.au
_/  Dot Communications Ltd             http://www.dot.net.au/world