Re: DNS: A Place to Start...in G6

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 13:38:13 +0100
Jim and all,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> For each of these TLDs, it would be good to identify
> up to 8 "trustees" or people most interested in "owning"
> them. In the IPv8 Plan, these 8 people are tracked as
> a 2+2+4 trustee structure as shown here for .AUS.
> The people in the #1 and #2 positions are the delegates
> to the G6 Round Table for that TLD. In other words, they
> speak for the other #3 to #8 people and all of the SLD.TLD
> owners.

  This seems like an intresting direction for the pacific rim to consider
and still maintain ther presence withing the IPv4 address space.

> 6:51 AUS  (AUSTRALIA)
>                 5 ____________________
>         3 ____________________
>                 6 ____________________
> 1 Adam Todd ?
> 2 ____________________
>                 7 ___________________
>         4 _____________________
>                 8 ____________________
>
> 6:59 ASM  (AMERICAN-SAMOA)
> 6:71 NZL  (NEW-ZEALAND)
> 6:130     NZ   (NEW-ZEALAND)
> 6:141     UM   (UNITED-STATES-MINOR-OUTLYING-ISLANDS)
> 6:181     AS   (AMERICAN-SAMOA)
> 6:182     FM   (MICRONESIA,-FEDERATED-STATES-OF)
> 6:224     AU   (AUSTRALIA)
>
> Does anyone know who claims they "own" any of the above
> or have a strong vested interest ?

  Only .AS as far as I know at this point.

> Other G6 names are here.
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
> It might be best to start with a small list as shown above.

  I would encourage everyone to review this closely.

> Also, if people want to change any of the names in G6, that is
> easy to do once the neighbor net system of governance is working.

  Agreed.

> -
> Jim Fleming
> Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.net/IPv8
> IPv8 - Designed for the Rest of the Human Race
> AM Radio Stations ---> http://www.DOT.AM

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.