Re: [DNS] the first step

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:46:42 +1000
  As for Georges suggestion of placing the DNS in the hands of the Govt
  (paraphrasing), I'd much prefer to see a system whereby the industry
  participants make policy proposals that are merely ratified by the Govt.
  This way, the Govt doesn't really have to get involved (which they don't
  seem to want to anyway), but we will have more "legal status" (whatever that
  means).

  Regards,
  Antony.

I'm interested why people reject a statutory body approach. I did too, for a
long time. Compared to what we face now, I'm not so sure its the worser evil.

Is it fear of this becoming a tax/revenue process?

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072