[DNS] another view on governance (from the POC of the g-mou-tld)

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:40:23 +1000 (EST)
This is an open letter from the POC, established as part of the MoU process
for top-level domain management review.

I doubt if its all relevant, but it gives another perspective on how a
bunch of experts have assessed the issues, and may include some useful
wordings we'd want to consider.

	http://www.gtld-mou.org/docs/ianaopenletter.htm

As they say themselves in the preable:

     Although there has been much discussion and examination of the
     issues over this period, including the entry of new parties
     into the debate, there has been no significant change in the
     fundamental constraints and requirements which press upon gTLD and
     DNS administration. We always hope to see further insights and
     innovations on this issue. However, given the multi-year length
     of the discussion so far, it seems likely that a reasonably large
     fraction of the considerations and possible approaches have already
     been uncovered. Hence, we believe the following considerations will
     be relevant to any future structure and processes of gTLD governance.

'multi-year length of discussions' .. I can relate to that.

'no significant change in fundamental constraints' .. I can relate to that too!

-George