Re: [DNS] Commercial Interest from a neutral party

From: <me§Tony-Barry.emu.id.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:36:12 +1000
At 1:27 PM 1998/06/29, John Kidston wrote:
>While I agree that the ASX can be a very useful player in the
>organisation and management of domain naming services,  there may well
>be a significant audience who fall outside the ASX's area of interest.
>I refer here to proprietary businesses, sole traders, partnerships,
>unincorporated joint ventures and the like.

We the people also have an interest. I've without shame grabbed the "Tony
Barry" name. I know of at least three other "Tony Barry's" in Australia,
one of whom I met at the recent WWW7 conference. I know of none in the
catchment for emu.id.au so I'm not too worried.

But worrying about the interior of com.au or id.au is not what I thought
this list was about which is - .au

Also I suspect .com.au is a passing concern.  Just wait till I'm worried
about powerswitch1.mainbedroom.tony-barry.emu.id.au or even
toaster.kitchen.tony-barry.emu.id.au

Tony

   mailto:tonyb&#167;netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
  mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
      Phone +61 4 1242 0397         |     AUSTRALIA