Re: DNS: perhaps suspect trading practise

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:47:27 +1000
>  You can only register a .AU.COM domain if you are the trademark
>  holder or business owner of the name (which is plain silly!
>  there are dozens of trademark categories that allow overlaps!)

Well credit for trying.  I think they have spent too much time reading the
rules of the USA, where a Trademark covers ALL use, whereas in Australia it
only covers the category of registration.

Adam Todd                 mailto:at&#167;ah.net              mailto:at§aus
Telstra Convey Member (not a Telstra Employee) Telstra Vendor Channel
http://adamtodd.ah.net    http://www.ah.net   http://www.aursc.ah.net
http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate