Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: Ian McKellar <imckellar§harvestroad.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:12:10 +0800
On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 08:58:17AM +1000, Adam Todd wrote:
> >  | If your (Robert Elz) aren't getting billed, it does raise even further
> >  | questions.
> >
> >No questions at all, the IANA explicitly told ccTLD admins that they should
> >ignore any requests for payment made by the InterNIC.   They did send a few
> >(but never to me), but it was generally assumed to be some kind of accident.
>
> Ahh, there you go.
>
> IANA speaks again.  Ignore request for payment.
>
> [blah blah blah]
>
> Now I'll accept yur apology in advance for indirectly calling me a liar.

for what? To quote kre's message:

>   | You are aware that IANA Bills Robert Elz $100 (well when it was $100) for
> +.AU
>
> This is rubbish (ie: 100% false), which is perhaps not surprising,
> considering the source of that quoted line.

as Robert Elz just pointed out, IANA doesn't bill him, and if InterNIC bill
him, then IANA tell him to ignore it. It does seem that the statement that
"IANA Bills Robert Elz $100" is 100% false, unles you claim that IANA and
internic are the same organisation (ooh - global conspiracy!)

Ian (who is actually bored enough today to reply to this constant stream of
     digital diarrhoea)

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar&#167;harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)

Attachment converted: Obnoxious:Untitled 25 (????/----) (000238CE)