Re: DNS: defining "AURSC" domains

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:50:53 +0100
Tom and all,

tom minchin wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 07:57:07PM +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > > kim
> > > --
> > > Check out the Australian ISP List .. http://www.cynosure.com.au/isp/
> >
> >   You have a problem nere however.  This may be resolvable in Australia,
> > but that is about it.  This URL is not a valid DN as far as the Legacy
> > Root structure is concerned outside of Australia.  So I find you other
> > conclusions scepitical at best.
> >

> Huh? It's resolvable by anyone in the world who has the standard
> root-servers.net setup.

  Please except my apologies.  You are correct Tom, it resolves.  I stand
corrected.  It was timing out earlier.  I also did a whois on it and the
Internic
showed a "Not Found" on it earlier.  Maybe the Internic had a slight interuption

of service to the A root server.  I will follow up on that.

> tom&#167;interact.net.au

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.