Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:04:35 +1000
At 23:36 19/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
>>_From: Rick Welykochy
>>
>> Of course, the same does NOT apply to .COM.AU and .NET.AU, since they
>> are sanctioned (in the sense of approved, not the church sense as some
>> person indicated) by IANA and the ROOT name server system.
>
>One day rick you are going to actually know what you are talking about.

<bwahahahaha>  Sorry, Vic, you really made me choke on my sandwich.

My 2 month old kid knows more about DNS than Rick appears to.  Or Rick is
just being plain arrogant.  I'm not sure which.

Although some early emails from Rick, when he seemed to be supportive of me
indicate arrogance.

>IANA only sanction .au, Robert Elz then sanctions .com.au .org.au etc.
>if Robert has a pique of mental disruption nothing stops him from
>sending .com.au into the trash can. hence the situation is really as
>tenuous as .au.com forgeting to pay a bill.

Which has benn claimed to have happened :)