Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: tom minchin <tom§interact.net.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:54:21 +1000
On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 02:04:35PM +1000, Adam Todd wrote:
> At 23:36 19/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
> >>_From: Rick Welykochy
> >>
> >> Of course, the same does NOT apply to .COM.AU and .NET.AU, since they
> >> are sanctioned (in the sense of approved, not the church sense as some
> >> person indicated) by IANA and the ROOT name server system.
> >
> >One day rick you are going to actually know what you are talking about.
>
> <bwahahahaha>  Sorry, Vic, you really made me choke on my sandwich.
>
> My 2 month old kid knows more about DNS than Rick appears to.  Or Rick is
> just being plain arrogant.  I'm not sure which.

Um. Who was that person who wanted AURSC participants to use his DNS server
as a forwarder to access his domains then? Remember those claims that it
would "failover" (after 3 minutes for each and every request) if it was
down etc.

Feel free to call that person clueless or arrogant. Whichever.

tom&#167;interact.net.au