Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 18:42:32 +1000
>> My 2 month old kid knows more about DNS than Rick appears to.  Or Rick is
>> just being plain arrogant.  I'm not sure which.
>
>Um. Who was that person who wanted AURSC participants to use his DNS server
>as a forwarder to access his domains then?

Tony if you had half a brain you'd realise that during the Pilot ISPs were
asked if they would like to participate to test the Root Servers, but a
Forwarder would be be in place until 1 January 1998, to ensure integrity of
service.

This, although costly to me, was very sucessful in testing the integrity of
the Root Servers.

I shoud lalso point out the AHNET DNS servers, which provided this service,
DID NOT HOUSE the TLD data during the trial period.  The DNS data fro
alternate domains was on another server altogether behind a firewall.

>Remember those claims that it would "failover" (after 3 minutes for each and
>every request) if it was down etc.

No, considering the claims were being made by people who WERE NOT USING the
servers.

CCA made their claim in March of this year, three months after the
completion of the Root Server testing.

Catch up Tony.  I'm VERY VERY dissapointed in you.

>Feel free to call that person clueless or arrogant. Whichever.

Probably both.

Why is it people just MUST SPEAK OUT on things they have NOTHING to do
with?  No Involvement in and no historic knowledge thereof.

<sigh>

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member (not employee)	  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net