Re: DNS: Can we do something about noise on this list

From: Kevin Dinn <kevin§dinn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:03:52 +1000
At 09:59 22/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Consensus 1: DOES THIS LIST SUFFER FROM AN EXCESSIVE NOISE PROBLEM?
>
>Your votes:
Kevin Dinn: Yes

I think it is becoming apparent that some guidelines are necessary to
rescue what was once an invaluable resource on DNS issues. I think that we
should be able to discuss all aspects of DNS on this list as all
perspectives should be allowed to be aired. However if two simple rules
were observed it would help a great deal:

- Don't get personal, and
- Don't repeat yourself - if the debate has already well and truly been had,
  whether or not it is was resolved in your favour - leave it alone.

If we can reach a consensus on acceptable behaviour, I am happy to push for
the IIA to take a more active role in assessing complaints about list
members and considering suspending access if necessary.

Regards

--
Kevin Dinn           Hat Rack:
                        md: NetPort Systems (www.netport.com.au)