Re: DNS: Lets take a closer look at .AU and what's in it ...

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 05:08:51 +0100
Adam,

Adam Todd wrote:

> >> conf.au- No entries found for the selected source(s). from
>
> Ahh don't expect that.  conf.au are added ad hoc - just like the IAHC.
> As are info.au.
>
> Lets lok at that whole list again:
> com.au
> net.au
> edu.au
> org.au
> asn.au
> id.au
>
> otc.au
> a.au
> oz.au
> archie.au
> telememo.au
>
> Most ISPs haven't a clue what is under .AU anyway. I'll best most just got
> a shock.  Lets see ...  try these:

  Ok I will.  What is the two Au whois servers address again?

  Oh, and by the way Adam, sorry to mention this on the list but your
E-Mail address keeps bouncing here due to timeouts.  Can you correct that
problem from there?  Or do you have an alternitive E-mail address?

> Try some of these, all the www prefixes are guesses, but the zone data is
> loaded in the AU zone file: (you might haev to learn to use DIG and
> NSLOOKUP to get any real information or even use them - again the www
> prefix is a guess.)

  I have both NSLOOKUP and DIG here.  I will also cross check with
SATAN Plus as well, to be sure.

> http://www.jnrcarmival99.conf.au
> http://www.asiapacificcities.conf.au
> http://www.www7.conf.au
> http://www.ncyc99.conf.au
> http://www.nti-truckfest.conf.au
> http://www.id98.conf.au
> http://www.itsc98.conf.au
> http://www.atug98.conf.au
> http://www.autoindustryexpo98.conf.au
> http://www.mahjong.conf.au
> http://www.icss.conf.au
>
> Wonder what you need to get a conf.au name :)
>
> How about info.au ...
>
> http://www.info.au
> http://www.phase2airports.info.au
> http://www.alcohol.info.au
> http://www.webawards.info.au
> http://www.quitnow.info.au
> gopher://gopher.info.au
> http://www.missingpersons.info.au
> http://directory.info.au
> http://www.swimsafe.info.au
> http://www.gov.info.au
> http://netfind.info.au
> http://ftp.info.au
>
> Just to name a few ...
>
> THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
> The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
> or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
> republication of comments, without written consent.
> Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
> Telstra Convey Member (not employee)      AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
> Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
> at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net                              http://adam.says.sheesh
> Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
> AU Internet News                http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate/INTERNET/
> AU Internet User Mail List      http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate/OZ-USER/
> INTERNATIONAL ROOT SERVER CONFEDERATION MEMBER     http://www.i.rsc

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.