RE: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: <me§tony-barry.emu.id.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:09:33 +1000
At 8:41 AM 1998/06/22, Jim Fleming wrote:
>I believe that Robert Elz just stated that he has no intention
>of driving that process and also does not know how to build
>consensus. Apparently he is an academic, not a business
>person or manager.

If "does not know how to build consensus" means avoiding getting into the
slanging matches that have taken place on this list then well and good. At
the moment I'd defy anybody to find consensus amongst those most vocal on
this list.

>From where I've been  sitting for over a year its not the administration of
.au that is a problem in the short term, nor .edu.au, .gov.au, .org.au,
.id.au etc, but people wanting commercial sites in .com.au, or wanting to
be able to sell commercial sites or being concerned about its
administration and creating potentially confusing alternatives.

I suspect most members of the list are perfectly happy, in the short term,
with the administration of the dns in Australia with the exception of
commercial sites.

Tony

   mailto:tonyb&#167;netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
  mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
      Phone +61 4 1242 0397         |     AUSTRALIA