DNS: Re: [apnic-talk] Intresting Info for refrence possibly?

From: Paul McNulty <mcnulty§aunet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:49:51 +0800
Jeff,

Does this really have any relevance to the AP region?
I know that you believe that as a Top Level Domain of something
other than .au, you believe that Telstra is in the wrong.  I
believe the entire population reading this list understands
what you are trying to say, but I, as a member of this region,
can say that I don't appreciate this boring rhetoric that has
gone on for the past few days.

If your going to make a point, consider it made and end it.
If you have a beef with Geoff Houston, please take it up
with him and off-line.  I can say that he has done a lot
of good for the community out here and we don't perceive
it as "bait and switch games..."

Thanks for ending the discussion on this.

-Paul

At 10:40 PM 6/22/98 +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Mark and all,
>
>Mark Prior wrote:
>
>>      Telstra Corporation Limited TELSTRA-DOM
>>         C&G, Traeger Ct
>>         Fern Hill Technology Park
>>         Bruce
>>         ACT, 2617
>>         AU
>>
>>         Domain Name: TELSTRA.NET
>>
>>         Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
>>            Huston, Geoff  GH105  gih&#167;TELSTRA.NET
>>            +61 2 6208 1908 (FAX) +61 6 248 6165 (FAX) +61 2 6248 6165
>>         Billing Contact:
>>            Huston, Geoff  GH105  gih&#167;TELSTRA.NET
>>            +61 2 6208 1908 (FAX) +61 6 248 6165 (FAX) +61 2 6248 6165
>>
>>         Record last updated on 01-Oct-97.
>>         Record created on 01-Jun-95.
>>         Database last updated on 22-Jun-98 03:52:44 EDT.
>>
>>         Domain servers in listed order:
>>
>>         NS.TELSTRA.NET               203.50.0.137
>>         TECKLA.APNIC.NET             202.12.28.129
>>         NS1.TELSTRA.NET              139.130.4.5
>>
>>      We found this rather interesting in that Telstra does not seem to be
>>      headquartered
>>      in Australia or their DNS service isn't at any rate (Draw your own
conclusions).

>>      We are not supprised however.  In Geoff Huston has played these
little bait and
>>      switch games in the US as well with far less success I might add.
Hence his
>>      move to Australia I imagine (Again, Draw your own conclusions).
>>
>>        Geoff, we are watching you VERY closely, so you can run, but you
can't hide!

>> What drugs are you on exactly?
>>
>> Perhaps consultation of ISO 3166 would enlighten you as to which
>> country uses the "AU" two letter country code. Drawing any conclusion
>> as to the location of an organisation from their domain name is
>> foolhardy to say the least.
>
>  Mark, do you have a reading dificiency.   C&G, Traeger Ct Fern Hill
Technology Park
>is not in Australia last time I checked.  Oh sure the contact number is in
Australia.