Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH

From: John Lindsay <jlindsay§bns.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 23:11:35 +0930 (CST)
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Scott Howard wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 12:46:30PM +1000, vicc&#167;cia.net.au wrote:
> > have lifeline australia waiting extraodinarly patiently for
>
> 7 days is _NOT_ extraordinarily patient for a free service.
>
> > www.lifeline.org.au to be delegate so they can print $20k of material.
>
> "delegate"??  How the hell is a delegation stoping them from printing
> the material?
>
> If this was a new registration then I can understand holding off, but as
> the domain is already registered, there's no risk you will be knocked
> back, so why not go ahead and print?

Then they want to actually give the paper to people so that they can use
it.  One of my client's waited patiently for three months for a .org.au.
I explained the situation carefully when I started with the client but
their memory gives out after the first month.  MM gave them a asn.au in
no time flat.

Don't anyone say 'Ask KRE again.'  I refer you to the commandments as
preserved and handed down:

http://www.healey.com.au/~antony/tidbits/kre.html

I'm not busting on KRE.  I remember the bad old days of .com.au.  The .org.au
situation is now similar.  .org.au is a nice free namespace for
touchie-feelie organisations.  I like it that way... I just wish it were a
little more like .asn.au.

 jlindsay&#167;bns.com.au   gm§chariot.net.au   GSM +61 (0)411 854 812 voice
          http://www.bns.com.au is full of ISP resources
            Ladies and gentlemen joining Tech Support:
                            Learn Unix
  If I could offer you only one tip for the future, Unix would be it.