[DNS] Knee-Jerk Legislation? + gTLD-News: Masters of their Domain

From: Tony <week§igsynergy.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:32:32 +0100
[ I hope this list doesn't mind, but I thought some of us might be interested
in these items]

Subject: Magaziner: Back Off, Big Brother
Wednesday President Clinton's leading Internet adviser came out strongly
against
a law proposed Tuesday that would aim to protect the privacy of consumers on
the Net. A Wired News exclusive by Deborah Scoblionkov and James Glave.

>From wired online this morning...
http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/13910.html

Subject: gTLD-News : Masters of Their Domain
While policymakers and Netizens continue to debate the best way to phase out
Network Solutions' monopoly for registering domain names, the Internet Council
of Registrars is forging ahead with its own plan to introduce competition.

http://www.latimes.com/HOME/NEWS/CUTTING/t000066513.1.html

-t-o-n-y-
http://resellers.hosting.au.com - "Buy ONE server, get 24 FREE!" ( for
resellers
& web designers only )
Hosting offshore on 535megabits, connected to five providers, including MCI,
UUNET & Sprint Internet.
(also perfect for offshore high-speed mirrors of local sites)