[DNS] real user input to the process

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 13:43:58 +1000
One aspect of the meeting which I think will resonate, is that we really
badly need to see converged input from REAL USERS. thats companies who
might own, or expect to own names. People who want to use names. entities
who seek behaviours from names, and from DNS.

So far, as I believe Paul Twomey put it, there is a distinct flavour of
poacher-turned-gamekeeper about the discussion.

As a techie, I can see problems here: we need to bring people up to speed
about what DNS issues are, and why its proving so hard to govern. I think
finding representative bodies in these areas will prove a lot less hard than
getting peoples knowledge and expectations into shape.

-George

--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072