[DNS] Internet World DNS meeting

From: Paul Montgomery <monty§knapp.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:21:44 +1000
Thankyou to those who replied to my posting a week or two ago about a
DNS meeting at the Internet World 98 conference. I have to say I wasn't
overwhelmed with multitudes of DNS listees just bursting to have their
say in person, which disappointed me a bit. Maybe it's because I'm a
journo - from long observation, I have identified a strange phenomenon
of mailing list netiquette that whenever a journalist pipes up in a
quasi-public list, everyone acts like somebody farted rather loudly.

Nevertheless, while I think booking a meeting room would be overkill, I
suggest that those who do want to talk should meet on at Thursday
lunchtime, say 1.30pm, at the Cafe. I only nominate that time because it
will be just before the "Domain Name Wars" speech given by Mark
Henderson-Thynne from NetNames International at 3.15pm. I'll be busy all
Tuesday and most of Wednesday, so that time is also a little selfish,
but if someone else wants to take up the cudgel and beat you guys into
action at another time, be my guest. Don't say I didn't try.

--
Paul Montgomery, features editor for Image & Data Manager and assistant
editor for Internet World. Lives like a JavaBean. Go Socceroos in WC02!