[DNS] .AU Working Group Announcement (15/02/1999)

From: Sandra Davey <sldavey§fl.asn.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:12:15 +1100
[cross-posted to the LINK list, DNS list and Aussie-ISP]

Dear Readers,

The .au Working Group on Australian Domain Names has just released on its
web site, two new draft Constitutions for the .au Domain Administration
(previously NewOrg). You will find both versions and a must read Preamble,
at http://au.moniker.net under Working Draft Documents.

The Working Group has put a lot of hard work into these versions and has
incorporated the comments that have been sent to us by the public. There
are two versions posted - the first with 4 classes of membership, the
alternative with one class of membership. The WG is undecided on these, and
we seek your comments and preferences, including alternative models if you
have any.

This version now includes all standard sections/clauses that the law
requires. We are also in the process of making it technology and gender
neutral. You will note it has various typos and grammatical errors. We
know! Whilst we are interested in your comments on the overall draft, many
of the clauses are just standard legal requirements, and thus, may not
interest you a great deal. We would like to point you to sections within
the Constitution (see below) that the Working Group has had intense
discussions over, and which we would find your input, invaluable.

Please direct any comments to the .AU Working Group by emailing
au-wg-submit&#167;moniker.net .

Your responses do not need to be formal. An email with your comments or
pointing us to your concerns within the Constitution, is all that is required.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With best regards,
Members of the .AU Working Group on Australian Domain Names

Sections of Interest and Concern to the Working Group
(everyone: during the meeting last week, I noted the sections where
discussion amongst the group could have gone on. Please check to make sure
you are happy with this)

1.2 Definitions
3.0 Objects
3.1 Principal Purposes
3.2 Activities
9.3 Class of Membership
including 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, 9.7, 9.8, 11.1, 12.1

16.1 Entitlement to Vote
16.2 Resolutions
16.3 Special Resolutions
18.0 Directors
18.1 Number
18.2 Constitution of the Board
18.3 Directors need not be Members
19.3 Election of First Board
19.7 Removal of Directors
21.5 Operating Manual
19.4 Election of Subsequent Boards
19.6 Procedure for Election of Directors
24.4 Chairperson of Meetings

.au Working Group on Australian Domain Names
Email: sldavey&#167;fl.asn.au
Web: http://au.moniker.net