Re: [DNS] Is this for real?

From: Sandra Davey <sldavey§fl.asn.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:59:23 +1000
Dear Stephen,

Sandra Davey here: may I address your concerns.

I think from what I have read of your mails, you were encouraged to this
list by an email I sent to the .au Working Group on Australian Domains
mailing list (dated 18/06/99).

In that announcement, we announced the wind-up of the au Working Group and
suggested that people who had an interest in the workings of the new au
Domain Administration Interim Board, and who were not members of auDA, join
the DNS list.

We suggested in that email that we would use the DNS list as one of the
official ways to communicate the workings of the Board.

What I did not say in the email was that the DNS list is an existing list
that has been around for sometime, and has been used as a mechanism for
people interested in the DNS debate, to communicate. On reflection, I
probably should have pointed out that it was a public list and it was not
owned or managed by the Board.

The list is not owned or managed by the Board of auDA; we have simply
agreed it would be one good way of connecting and communicating with
stakeholders and interested members.

In addition the Interim Board is almost ready to launch its new website and
this will be heavily used to communicate the ongoings of DNS.

I apologise for the miscommunication and hope that the DNS list can be a
useful communication mechanism for issues around the DNS in Australia.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can provide any further
information.

With best regards,
Sandra Davey

Director, au Domain Administration (auDA)
Email: sdavey&#167;sms.com.au
Mobile: 0413 158 048
Web: http://www.auda.org.au/