Re: [DNS] geographic 3rd level domains for .com.au (fwd)

From: John Allan <tech§vision.net.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:10:20 +1000
>We also proposed that the 2nd level domains under the AU-TLD are
>preferable to the 3rd level domains.  The 2nd level domains could either
>be similar to namespace, such as in Germany where there is no necessity
>for any domain to be a subheirachy - or, .com, .net, .edu, .org, .asn, etc
>heirachies could all be incorporated.

A comment "just now" from one of our executive committee persons was...

"Places like Tasmania and NT... and maybe SA/WA... are small enough to have
acme.tas.au but the likes of New South Wales and Victoria might *need* the
3rd level heirachies so as not to crowd the namespace".

I think that pretty much sums up what I was trying to say.

Regards,

John.

Johnathan (John) Allan
Executive - Tasmanian Internet Association
Currently working for:
- Tasmania's Access Server Pty. Ltd.
- Department of Education (Tasmania)
(finger tech&#167;active.orgas.ms for info)