Re: [DNS] fairfax article

From: Tony Barry <tonyb§dynamite.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:12:34 +1000
At 05:14 PM +0930 26/10/99, Simon Hackett wrote:

>I am already reading, in some comments on this list, a tendency to construe
>auDA as 'them' (in a negative sense), and to implicitly frame the
>participants on this list as 'us' (in a positive one). People are talking
>about having 'reservations' about auDA when they only barely exist

Right! It's a representative body with open membership. If you didn't join
do so.  If you did join and lost out on a vote then don't winge outside.
Organise instead.

>This is really tiring to see, in that those who feel that way are
>forgetting that the auDA board was _elected_ from a constituency of 'us' in
>the first place. If that isn't good enough for 'us' then I submit that
>nothing else is ever going to be.

Democracy is at work. If you were eligible to vote then you have done your
bit until the next election. If you weren't tell us why we should listen
now.

Tony

phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au