Re: [DNS] fairfax article

From: Mark Davidson <davidson§mmk.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:02:31 +1000
David Keegel wrote:

> ] We remember that this isn't the first time Melbourne IT
> ] has made such demands, and recall with relief that Mr Elz
> ] didn't assign .AU to ADNA when they were criticising him
> ] in a similar fashion.
>
> I would be interested to hear whether people on this list would like to see
> .au transferred to auDA.  I know a number of people had reservations about
> ADNA, and would be interested to know if people have reservations about auDA
> too.

No, David, I don't have the same reservations, because auDA came into
existence in an entirely different way.

But I am getting tired of no action - most people agree KRE shouldn't have to
continue (and many agree it is inappropriate to have a private individual at
the top of the dns tree these days anyway), and auDA was formed partly because
people had issues with ADNA.

So I would like us all to let auDA's elected (by people on this list, amongst
others, who bothered to join auDA) board get on with it. Then, if you have any
issues, you can organise and lobby as a member of auDA if want to influence
the board's decisions or composition.

Regards,
Mark (I am not a director of auDA) Davidson