Re: [DNS] 92 million reasons......

From: Nick Andrew <nick§zeta.org.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:55:18 +1100
On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 11:18:59PM +1100, David Keegel wrote:
> ] Obvious questions for AUDA and KRE are:
> ] 1)Will any NEW INA be obliged to hand over anything?
>
> People who have been on this list at least 2 years may remember
> that Melbourne IT was given a *non-exclusive* license in com.au.

I remember the non-exclusivity of the license, yes. Now where are the
documented criteria which any organisation must pass in order to become
another non-exclusive licensee to register domains in com.au? Answer:
there aren't any, and never were - membership in this club is granted
only on the whim of kre. Many have tried and all have failed. With very
high probability MelbIT/INA/INWW will remain the only com.au registrar
until com.au is released by or taken from kre.

Nick.
--
Zeta Internet                     SP4   Fax: +61-2-9233-6545 Voice: 9231-9400
G.P.O. Box 3400, Sydney NSW 1043        http://www.zeta.org.au/