Re: [DNS] is it legal?

From: Matthew King <mking§cinfo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:44:43 +1100
>Someone has offered to buy one of my com.au domain names .. can I sell it to
>them legally?

It is a bit more complex than that. You do not sell them the name you sell
them the option (a somewhat tenuous option I'd say ) to be the first to
register it after you relinquish it. It seems to involve a trip to INA and
a couple of lawyers and remember because it is free for a moment or two
anyone could theoretically get it. So if you hear of a sale going down guys
pound the keyboard all day as you might end up with something useful... I
only advocate this somewhat humorous option because the current system is
nothing but a joke.

Matthew King