Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: Aristedes Maniatis <ari§ish.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:26:08 +1100
Although of course id.au has been around for years now and fallen into
oblivion, it may well be a good idea to resurrect.

Particularly with rumours I have heard about Australia Post wanting to
supply every Australian with an email address of their own, what better way
to manage such a system than with a dedicated domain... Simplified routing
is but one advantage.

Of course there is still the john.smith.id.au problem to deal with.... how
many unique domains can you create? Now that every Australian has a National
ID number (although it is called a tax file number)... maybe we should use
that... :-(

Or:

ari.maniatis.7.darghan.glebe.id.au

Who said the DNS system isn't a pseudo directory?

Ari Maniatis

on 31/1/2000 1:43 pm, Mark Nearhos at mjn&#167;cia.com.au wrote:

> Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/newslink/nat/newsnat-31jan2000-47.htm
>
> The story includes this little gem:
>
> "Senator Alston has also proposed a new category of .id.au, in
> addition to .com or .org, to allow individuals to set up
> websites, but again only if they are that person."
>

> Mark Nearhos

ish group pty ltd
7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
email info&#167;ish.com.au
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8