Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: Ken Joyce <ken§pccentre.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:17:02 +1100
Now we're getting practical:

>ari.maniatis.7.darghan.glebe.id.au

Why are the id.au domains locked into a restricted set of providers
dedicated to a restricted set of Australian flora and fauna.

In fact the .glebe.id.au is not so silly  There would be others like
us who would happily run town-based sets of such domains for our
region.

Being new to this list, I am unsure of the confidence people have in
Senator Alston's grasp of Internet issues, but the ABC report which
initiated this thread does not encourage me to believe the
responsible Minister understands this issue.

Regards,

Ken Joyce
The South Coast Professional Computing Centre
Level 1 Nowra Mall	ph: +61 2 4423 7771
PO Box 1423		fx: +61 2 4423 7772
Nowra			mb: 0418 96 7272
NSW  2540		ken&#167;hislora.com.au
AUSTRALIA		http://www.pccentre.com.au
Daly and Daly:	Computer Training
Hislora: 	Computer networking, Website development and hosting
Flatearth	Internet