Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:20:29 +1000
  Maybe the Australian flora and fauna turn people off.

  Ari

DNS is not about turning people on. In the context of the BSA, I doubt if
Alston much wants to "turn people on" in this context either.

Alston obviously was probably badly briefed, doesn't seem to understand
real-world personal name collision, and one suspects was speaking reactively,
off the cuff.

It is extremely unlikely that the other 100(0..) Alston's who may want to
lay claim to alston.id.au were asked their views on this namespace proposal.

I can't see how alston.101.id.au is going to prevent richardalston.com.

This is a non-solution to a non-problem. We seem to get a lot of that.

cheers
	-George
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072