RE: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulat ions

From: Tony Barry <tonyb§dynamite.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:23:35 +1100
At 1:07 PM +0800 31/1/2000, WestNet Domains wrote:
>I agree the emu.id.au is a good format, but the same problem may lie where
>as once freggbloggs&#167;emu.id.au, freggbloggs§wallaby.id.au and so on have been
>used, where do we go from there.

Where there are multiple domains you can try someplace else.  Besides that
many people have multiple names they can use. For instance I can be
tony.barry, antony.barry, antony.b.barry, abbarry, a.broughton.barry and a
number of other permutations.

The solution in the library world is to add the year of birth which is
pretty good at getting a unique name.

Tony

phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au