Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: Jim Birch <jbirch§multinode.com.au>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:27:13 +0800
Nice to see the list fire up!

And how lovely to see that oft-exhumed dead dog "The real purpose of the DNS"
dragged up for another kicking.  Perhaps some thought could be given to naming the
two sides of the debate, just so that arguments could categorized quickly  (i.e.
"resolved" but never resolved)

"Word Owners" vs "IP Nuts"
"Browsers" vs "Routers"

These come to mind after approximately 10 seconds of deep thought.  I'm not an
expert in this area but I think besides a basic descriptive requirement something
a little derogatory and dismissive is called for (whilst still maintaining a
veneer of healthy debate) to add a little poetry and fire to statements like "This
is typical of the complete failure of the brain dead [enter group name]  to even
vaguely understand the true purpose and real significance of the DNS"

Anyone?

(Just trying to help ;-)

Jim Birch