Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:26:28 +1100
many search engines index on words in urls hence filling the gap in
usefulness. hence the directory argument has been deprecated.

directories have limited uses anyway. the issue isnt on the type
of programing metaphor we apply to dns but recognising that the public
have needs which we should try to meet.

not to point to anyone but it amazes me that some people can become
indiginant at the alstons decreeing what is for the common good (which is what
he has been elected to do) yet are happy to do so themselves
when it comes to a technology issue.

Vic