Re: [DNS] TRANSFER OF DOMAIN NAMES FOR PROFIT

From: Rohan Levy <rlevy§vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 02:25:25 +1000
Further to this....
I am in Melb.VIC.

The cost of registering domain names in Australia is quite high and the way
that the domain names are administered here I cant see a change happening
soon.

Through a service based in the UK I am able to buy a .com domain, chose to
have a webservice through it that allows me to divert the www.domain.com to
a chosen tilde account - ie. www.domain.com is actually located at
http://www.isp.com.au/~user/domain.html.
At no extra charge I have unlimited email diversions - i.e. user&#167;domain.com
or harry&#167;domain.com , etc ,etc.. all forwarded to domain§isp.com.au.
I also get full webstats and GUI control of different aspects of the domain.
I can auction off my address and sell it at any time aswell - all service
inclusive and non-obligational.
Total yearly cost = AUD$60 !!!!! and.. even less if its a .co.uk !!
Im not suggesting that this is the way to go for .com.au , but perhaps it
does give a different look at options that could be explored.

Cheers,

Rohan./